Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter was great this year!  We started by coloring our eggs on Saturday.  Riley thought it was pretty cool and colored a ton of eggs!  Mackenzie takes after my sister, Mandy.....she took forever to do 1 egg so she didn't get to color as many!  She would make them just perfect, and I have to say I was impressed!  On Easter morning the girls woke up and hunted for the plastic eggs that the bunny hid all over the house and they also found their Easter baskets filled with goodies.  They were so cute looking for their eggs because they wanted to make sure that they both had the same amount so they would share with each other.  They were so sweet to each other it was kind of weird!  I don't remember being nice to my sisters like that, I am pretty sure I wanted to have the most eggs!  During the hunt we played our Easter music from when I was a kid and the girls were singing along with the songs which made me happy :)  We also had my mom watch all the festivities on skype so that was pretty cool.  Then we had some good friends come over for Easter brunch.  We started this tradition a few years ago and I really enjoy it!  We had another egg hunt for the kids at the park which was a lot of fun!  Even though we weren't able to be with family we made the best of it and had a great day!  We are so blessed to have found such wonderful friends here!









Had to get a picture with my mom :)


Peep sunflower cake.....thanks to pinterest!




No comments: